Saturday, June 21, 2014

Routine Maintenance


I sat yesterday in an automotive waiting room. My vehicle, of course, was getting serviced. I drug along everything but the kitchen sink to try to keep myself occupied. I knew I was in for a wait. Two books, notebook paper, and, of course, my ear buds with my iPhone, fully charged and loaded with my favorite podcasts and music playlist. I was pleasantly surprised when it took just shy of an hour to perform an oil change and place a set of brand new tires on my vehicle.

            Ever since my time in that tiny waiting room I’ve been overwhelmed by my list of routine maintenance. Between myself (scheduling doctors & dentist check-ups, a haircut,and so on), my house, my lawn, and a rental I co-own-- my never ending list seems, well, never ending. When I get a few things crossed off, there seems to be more tasks that make their way back on my list. So I guess I figured it out, life is a cycle of routine maintenance. I’ve decided there’s only one of two ways to handle this:

 1) Enjoy the tasks—

or –

2) Simplify life.
I’m actually trying to do a little of both:), but first I have to go check something off my list.  Happy first day of Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment