Friday, June 6, 2014

My Corridor

  

       Everyday I get to go to work I drive through a two mile corridor of a pure country road. I love it! Since the school year has ended I haven't quite taken my daily route as much, but today I was reminded of how surreal that stretch of road truly is.
     The last few months of my journey to school the radio remained off. Those mornings I took in the sites with quiet contemplation. There have been many moments that have taken my breath away throughout the years I've traveled the narrow asphalt. I want to share a couple that transpired recently. One morning there was a shroud of fog that blanketed the area and the light from the sunrise reflected off the vapor. Magnificent. (The picture doesn't do the scene justice, but maybe you can still get an idea of the ambiance.)  And last week when I saw movement across the field and realized it was a lone baby raccoon scampering into the tree line . . . that was another moment that soothed my soul.
     I'm not a 100% country girl, but I do love nature and the serenity it whispers softly to me in the early morning hours. Those whispers remind me of the beauty that surrounds me. Trust you can find your own corridor and you get to hear nature's whispers soon. If you want to share photos of your happy place(s) feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment