Saturday, June 5, 2010

June 5, 2010

Ahh Saturday...the weekend. Waking up to a nice cup of coffee is just what I needed. Ate breakfast and beat the rain into the gym. I tried out my new Nike ipod accessory for my treadmill run... pretty effective and definitely motivating.

Trying to focus on a particular aspect of self because my mind is going in a million different directions. Health. Is that too broad? When I stopped coaching a few years ago before I was hit by a drunk driver and had the car accident I made a commitment to myself that I was going to put myself first. However, after working through doctor appointments, physical therapy, and going through a period of "why me?" I wasn't able to really focus on self-improvement in a healthy way. Three years later I finally made exercise and diet a priority. Sidelined a month ago by a separated shoulder I'm still not quite 100% with my shoulder.

I am running consistently 3 to 4 times a week. With the help of some co-workers, I've been involved in going on five 5ks and I've lost over 10 lbs. I still would like to lose another 10, which would put me in the 130's:) An Exciting number!

Too much of anything can be detrimental including too much time alone. I'm teetering on the verge of too much. I just couldn't get out and socialize with people at graduation parties this weekend. Not quite sure why, but didn't have the energy to be a public figure. Sounds like there might be something wrong with how I've worded that or perhaps something wrong with me thinking those thoughts.

I'm going to head to the store for some DIY tools to pull up my baseboards for the tile guys and then going to do some reading. Perhaps that will be the remedy for a Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment