Thursday, July 6, 2017

Free Money Update 2017

Coins, Pennies, Money, Currency, Cash

Over half-way through 2017 and I wanted to update you on my "free money" journey.  My initial goal for this year was $1,300-$1,500. I'm happy to say that I have surpassed that and reset my goal to between $2,250-$2,500 for the full calendar year.  The following is the break down of my current journey:

$900- Bank Promotions

$84*- Savings & Gift Cards through Gasoline Promotions through Speedway (Speedy Rewards) Kroger (Kroger Plus Card) I should be able to increase this by at least another $50 before year's end.

$60- In Store Gift card Speedway Promotion for purchasing Gasoline Gift Cards (twice this year)

$25- Saving from Cardpool Dick's Sporting Goods Gift Card

$110- Test Drive Ford Promotion/ And a Subaru Promotion

$15- My Coke Rewards Program- for Amazon & iTunes Gift Cards ( they have now re-named and re-branded) 

$50- Various Visa Gift Cards through Rebates (P&G and Mobil Oil) 

$100- Meijer Wellness Gift Card through a health insurance promo through work.

$150*- Scottrade Dividends (this is ongoing and I'm counting this for the year.)

$200*- Discover Card Cashback Bonus (I haven't collected this yet, but this is usually my average.)

$40- Swagbucks Rewards

$20- Dick's Sporting Goods & Best Buy Reward Programs

$23- Four Bills a month I am now paying online each month stamp savings.

$30- Recycle Aluminum Cans & Other Metals June of 2017

$17- Stash Cash Promotion (An online saving and investing platform)
______
$1,824


By year's end I hope to redeem at least one other bank promotion worth $200. I like the ones that do not require a direct deposit. However, I did fulfill one bank bonus recently that allowed me to direct deposit money coming from my PayPal account what counted for their bonus- so even with some banks there are ways to circumvent directly depositing money from your employer to achieve the promotions. Thanks again to Doctor Of Credit and Hustler Money Blog for helping me easily find the bests bank promotions.

I'd also like to collect another $30 from Swagbucks. A platform that rewards you for taking surveys, watching videos, and doing internet searches. If you're interested in Swagbucks (it's free to sign up you can email me for a promotion that rewards me for referring you or you can check it out on your own at their website.)

I feel pretty confident I can reach the $2,000 milestone, but getting to $2,250 to  $2,500 will be a challenge. I'm up for it. What about you? Do you have any money challenges you're embarking on this year, or this month? Leave me a comment and let me know about those. We learn and inspire each other.  

I also wanted to note that I've talked to a few people that disagree with my categorizing of the above list as "free money", they venture to say I'm paying for some of the products to receive the gift cards. My rationale is that I'd be buying those items anyways regardless of the rewards. And there is the argument of is savings vs. actual gift cards or physical money the same thing. ie- the stamp savings for paying bills online. It works for me, but I understand the other side of that argument. 

I must admit I've done some pretty crazy promotions to get "free money" and I stress nothing in life is free, but if you're willing to jump a few hoops and have patience you'll find money where you never thought to look. by the way don't forget to check those cushions of your couch or look under the seats in your car. Until next time . . . May your pockets always be full and may you always have loved ones to share it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment