Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday June 11, 2010

Daily exercise has been consistent and good. Endorphines are a great thing! I'm still feeling weak. I guess that is a mind-body connection. I know I have phsycial limits as to what my shoulder can handle and it is driving me nuts. I need more patience. I need to be ok with the fact my body still needs to heal before I can push its limits.

Not only is the concern just exercise and wanting to be in the best possible shape I can be in, but also it is the physical work I'd like to do around me house. I have flooring that is half ripped up and baseboards that are taken off the walls awaiting ceramic tile. The job is only half finished because when I exert myself there is a point where my shoulder cries out, "Enough!". And the aching begins. As I just came in from mowing I see outside projects I would also like to dive into. I finally have the time to do these enhancement projects and I have no physical strength to complete them. FRUSTRATING!

Perhaps this is the dilema everyone feels about getting older. Except I'm only 36 this can't already be older???? Where is the line between doing all you can do and acknowledging your limits and being content to do what you are capable of doing? I feel like I have so much pent up anxiety and energy and no where to release it. No household projects- definietly limits to the physicality of life.

Trying to end this entry with positive energy:) I am very proud of myself for my consistent effort in running. 3.1 miles yesterday AM and additional 2 in the evening. Tomorrow is the 5k in a local town. I trust the weather will be gentle on us as we run... 50% chance of thunderstorms. Excited not only for the run, but for the group that is doing it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment